Official DPS Portal
DPS System Status Click here for DPS System Status
Before Your Move
Step by step process to move your household goods.
  • United States Air Force, Air National Guard & Air Force Reserves

  • This section will explain how to request an extension of travel and transportation entitlements for former Air Force members that upon separation were authorized to travel to their Home of Record (HOR) or Place Entered Active Duty (PLEAD).
  • Personal Property Activity Headquarters (PPA HQ) and Installation Commanders (for members undergoing court-martial proceedings) have authority to approve HOR and PLEAD extensions.
  • PPA HQ Home of Record extension approval criteria are:
    • Bona fide hardship that would be created by compliance with the 180 day basic entitlement
    • Joint spouse members serving different tour lengths who have met the intent of DoD assignment policy, waiting for spouse to PCS or separate (open-ended requests, i.e. until my spouse’s DEROS, separates, retires, transfers, etc, will be returned without action).
    • Specific hardship situations not normally faced by members in similar situations
    • Education, training or medical reasons for the separated member. NOTE: Internet and correspondence courses do not qualify for education/training extensions.
    • Legal or administrative proceedings that preclude member from moving within the time limit (i.e. divorce proceedings, child custody etc.).
    • Delay in selling, renovating or construction of a home (Statement from contractor/realtor showing reason for delay and approximate date of completion).
  • PPA HQ authority is derived from the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), paragraphs 5066-D, 5138-G, 5320-G, and Air Force Instructions (AFI) 24-501, Paragraph 3.4.4.
  • A letter from the member formally requesting the extension is required. The letter should state why an extension is needed and for how long. Members must provide current mailing address, email address, and contact phone number. Also documented proof or verification of the member’s situation is required. For example, the member is requesting an extension because of hospitalization or medical treatment; a letter from the physician or hospital administrator is required. The letter should indicate the medical hardship/condition the member is incurring, whether treatment is readily available elsewhere, how long the treatment is expected to last, and whether travel would be detrimental to the member’s health. A copy of the separation order (AF Form 100) is also required. Do not send a DD Form 214.
  • Installation Commanders are responsible for HOR/PLEAD separations when the member is with dependents, stationed in CONUS, and incident to a court-martial sentence or administrative discharge under other than honorable conditions. Their authority is derived from the Joint Travel Regulations, paragraphs 5148-F, 5310-F, and SAF/MRM delegation of authority, dated 27 Mar 96.
  • When the member is authorized to travel to his/her HOR and he/she has been sentenced by a court-martial to:
    • Members must have been undergoing medical treatment or hospitalization on the last day of active duty or during the 1-year period after retirement.
    • Members must be undergoing substantially continuous treatment or hospitalization for the same or an associated condition.
    • be confined for a period of more than 30 days,
    • receive a dishonorable or bad-conduct discharge,
    • be dismissed from a uniform service, or
    • receive an administrative discharge under other than honorable conditions,
  • the installation commander at which the member was stationed at the time of the court-martial sentencing or administrative discharge is the approval authority for extension of travel and transportation entitlements.
  • The initial period of dependent travel and/or shipment of personal property is 180 days from the:
    • date the court-martial sentence was approved and ordered executed, or
    • date of administrative discharge under other than honorable conditions.
  • The Installation Commander is also responsible for:
    • authorizing the travel of dependents and/or shipment of personal property and;
    • determining the authorized destination of dependent travel and/or shipment of personal property.
  • Request for extension should be forwarded to:

    555 E Street East, Suite 4
    JBSA Randolph, Texas 78150-4439
    DSN: 487-3312
    Comm: Phone: (210) 652-3312
    DSN Fax: 954-4263
    Comm Fax: (210) 321-4263
DPS Status Dashboard
System is Available
System is up and running normally.

Regular System Maintenance

DPS is regularly unavailable the 3rd Friday of the month from 9:00 PM to Saturday 1:00 AM Central Time for routine system maintenance.